Little A, Little A... you're 10 months old today!!!
I can hardly believe my own ears when I hear myself starting to make plans for your first birthday party. Can it be true?
Here are some things I would like to share about you on your 10-month birthday, sweet girl:
- You are a crawling machine, little missy. Even though you have only been crawling for 1 week, you are quite accomplished in your sport. You can tear up and down the hallway and find us in any of the rooms... quickly... without carpeting. Impressive!
- You have been moonlighting in teething, as well. I can't even say, with certainty, how many teeth you have cut. I've tried and tried to take a peek, to no avail. Your little gums are just way too tender to have mommy poking around in there. I know you have at least three teeth in the bottom, and I am fairly certain that you have at least three up top, as well.
- You wear a size 3 diaper.
- You are fitting into many 12-18 month outfits! Mommy can sheepishly admit that she jumped the gun and purchased way too many 9 month things for summer. I was going by what I knew to be true when your sister was this age, and you are proving me wrong, girlfriend! I think it's just because you want new clothes to wear!
- You aren't taking the bottle quite as well as you used to. I am attributing this to two factors: being way too concerned with what is going on around you to sit still and eat and also feeling not so hungry due to the extreme heat of summer.
- You do not like foods with texture! We have tried offering you teeny tiny chunks of banana and avocado, and you want nothing to do with it until it is pureed. Your little gag reflex can't handle it! You still love puffs and cheerios, though.
- Last but not least, you have become nearly impossible to take a picture of! You are too busy trying to pull grass or find little rocks or crumbs or dust balls. You have no time to look at mommy's camera and smile anymore. Well, almost no time...
The past 10 months have been so much fun, and I look forward to 1,000 more to spend with you! (Well, that would make me a little old, but still...)