The other day, I was in the midst of my daily blog reading, when I came across this post at one of my favorite blogs, Kelly's Korner.
What a concept.
I have always been keen on deciding what things in life to be thankful for. When I was in middle school, I got a little book called 14,000 Things to Be Happy About. Not only did I read the book from cover to cover, I also highlighted my favorites things. The ones I could relate to.
Seriously, what sixth grader does things like that???
It's been funny to come across the book over the years and take a glace through it. Some of the things highlighted still completely hold true. Others, well...
I though it would be a good thing to reflect on these simple pleasures a bit more often. So, I thought I'd start today by making a short list. Hopefully, in the future, I can delve into some of my simple pleasures in detail. Won't you join me?
1. Diet Coke. Especially fountain Diet Coke. Especially fountain Diet Coke from a place like Sonic or QT, where you get get crushed ice.
2. Using a blanket, towel or robe straight from the dryer. Especially in the winter. Especially when it smells like fabric softener.
3. Watching Sassy find ultimate joy in blowing out the dandelion seed heads:
4. Listening to Little A begin to say more and more words. Watching her run to the back door and yell "Chaaa-lee" and "Bum-pa" as she sees the dogs playing in her cute little voice.
5. The scents of fall- burning leaves, pumpkins, apples, fresh baked cider donuts, chili... you name it!