January 16, 2010

Weekend Hodgepodge...

Really, more like last-2-weeks-worth-of-posts-that-haven't-been-posted hodgepodge, but who's counting?


Let's see... we had a few days of wicked cold weather. Like, I might as well still be living in Chicago weather. Wind chills close to -20. COLD.

Sassy took the opportunity to get bundled up in her winter finest, and act all snow-bunny-esque.



I swear, when I see moments like this, I feel as though I should open up an orthodontia savings account now.



Still beautiful, though!



When I saw this picture, I couldn't decide whether to focus on the fact that she looks SO much like Little A here, or to dwell on how absolutely ridiculous that hat is!




Speaking of Little A, look who got some new piggy slippers...



Graycop actually bought both of the girls a pair, and the even squeal. Hooray! Not.


We have been getting a bit stir crazy around here. It's just that time of the year. We are all looking forward to some warmer weather. I see lots of trips to the zoo and the park in our future!

Sassy has still been playing dress-up like it's her job. Sometimes, I just can't get over the looks she puts together. For instance, she has a little mermaid dress. But, if she pulls the skirt up like so, it means she is a princess. She is only a mermaid when she has the skirt down covering her ruby slippers. Duh.



Little A has really been interested in Sassy's pretties and dress-up, too. We dug out Sassy's first dress-up costume, Tinkerbell, and Little A was in baby heaven. She kept saying Pity? Pity?...




Sassy cracks me up. She is so used to me taking pictures of her outside on her bench, and she has just been dying to get out there. One day, she practically begged me to go out with her so she could have pictures in her pretty dress:



Her eyes look as icy blue as the temperature! But, did you see her hair pretty? It's Alice in Wonderland. That's what she wanted to show off the most. She is obsessed with Alice. Over-the-top. Has been for months. Be prepared to hear a lot more about Alice in the coming months...




We had a Parents As Teachers playgroup last week- Grins & Squiggles. the theme we worked with was snow and cold weather. Sassy made a beautiful snowflake:



And, she got to do snowball painting, i.e. using a cotton ball to paint a picture:



Little A even got to try! She is getting to be such a big girl!




You know how I mentioned that mornings have been rough in the SPH since Sassy started preschool? Well, I'll let you in on a little secret. Out of the three of us girls, only 2 of us have been having the difficulties. And, she is not one of them:



In fact, she is very full of joy in the morning. Early in the morning. Too early in the morning. I swear...


Did I mention Little A ♥'s her rocking chair???



Have a great weekend, friends!

0 sweet tweets: