March 16, 2010

Colorado, Day 3

After a somewhat restless nights' sleep, thanks to a certain eighteen month old who decided to boycott her pack'n'play, we forced ourselves to freshen up and ready ourselves to embark on a day full of adventure!

Tyler took the girls to Panera for breakfast while I treated myself to a make-up application at the nearby Aveda salon. Next, we set off in search of Glen Eyrie Castle, where our photo shoot with Jennifer, aka MckMama was to take place.



What a BEAUTIFUL campus! I could have spent hours taking in all the scenery at Glen Eyrie. It was breathtaking! We had some downtime while waiting for our session, and the girls found plenty to do. For instance, both girls found it to be great fun to sit inside the fireplace in the den. Nothing like a couple of toddlers to diminish the dignity of any surroundings! I mean, my girls would never dream of doing anything besides waiting patiently...



In retrospect, I really wish I would have taken my camera back to the shoot. It would have been great fun to capture the outtakes of the session, and of Jennifer capturing the essence of my sweet peas. But, I didn't think of it at the time. Ah, well...

Enjoy some highlights of our visit to Glen Eyrie:



After Glen Eyrie, we headed back to Garden of the Gods because it was turning out to be an absolutely, gorgeously clear day! We strapped Little into the Baby K'Tan and hiked a small trail inside the park. It was rather wet due to the snow melting from the day prior, and my boots were not cutting it! So, I was slightly miserable in that regard, but the scenery was enough to overcome any woe. Just gorgeous!





Once we had taken in much of what Garden of the Gods had to offer us, we hopped into the car and headed northwest to see what Cañon City had in store for our family...

To Be Continued...

2 sweet tweets:

Mae said...

So cute! Gosh, it looks gorgeous there!! The sky is almost as blue as Little A's eyes. :)

Unknown said...

gorgeous! so you got to meet mckmamma? THE mckmamma? wow!