March 24, 2010

This Is My Life...



This is the plate that Sassy and I had an argument over at dinner. Four minuscule pieces of turkey tenderloin and a single string bean.

It took me 15 minutes to convince her to take ONE BITE of her turkey. She would only consider this after I removed the bean from her plate.

She told me, "There, mama. I took one bite of turkey and now I am full. That is enough for me."

That's a quote. Verbatim.

Fast forward 10 minutes...

We had cleaned up from dinner, and Little A ran up to me and promptly shoved her pointer finger in my face.

(The rest is not for the weak at heart stomach)

Her pointer finger that happened to be balancing a giant green boogie.

I grabbed her hand to suspend it in mid-air so as to prevent the spreading of the boogie to any household surface.

"Sassy," I pleaded (without thinking of just who I was talking to), "Will you please grab me a Kleenex or toilet paper?"

She immediately started gagging and ran into the bathroom, only to emerge a second later with the trace of the ONE piece of turkey she ingested oozing down her shirt.

Nice.

I swear, I don't know what to do with these girls...

5 sweet tweets:

Shannon said...

Big hugs hon, I know the feeling. I hope your evening goes much much better!

Mae said...

Sigh! I know that feeling all too well already! I hope there's less food drama tomorrow!

The Hoffman Family-Adam, Laura, Easton & Emerson said...

Oh Heather, one of these days Sassy is going to start trying more. (well lets hope)

Anonymous said...

Hilarious.

After all my words of wisdom for ignoring ignoring ignoring, the other day I was suddenly sick of throwing food down the sink so I said "nobody gets up until you eat." I actually had the time to enforce it that day.

Mama Bear said...

oh man. my friend's son barely ate anything, and gagged easily. Now he's had his tonsils taken out...
does your daughter like any kind of dip for her meat? mine will eat any meat if she can have some ketchup :)