June 22, 2010

Stream of Consciousness, ala MckMama...

I am up to my eyeballs in paperwork! Trying to wrap things up before we leave town. The nerves have set in about our 2 week trip- I couldn't sleep well at all last night- kept thinking about the zillion things I have to do prepare, plan for, etc. Sometimes I wish I were more go-with-the-flow...

I did take a break from work this afternoon and went to the pool while the kids were in MDO. Yes, you read that right... while the kids were in MDO. I briefly considered feeling a twinge of guilt as I floated down the lazy river, but thought better of it.

I'm still trying to decide if I should deal with checking a bag at the airport, or if I should mail a big box and just deal with carry-ons. It will be me, myself, and I with 2 kids, 2 car seats, and a handful of carry-ons. Thoughts?

One thing I will not be carrying on is my camera. It is having surgery this week. I am really bummed, especially since I will be meeting my nephew for the first time and had planned on taking 7,432 pictures of him... on day 1. I even bought a little hat for a prop. Trying not to let this little glitch bring me down. Losing the battle.

I can almost taste the Portillo's Chopped Salad and the Lou Malnati's ooey gooey cheesy deep dish. However, I have vowed to not be overly indulgent this trip... maybe just once or twice.

It is HOT outside. Like, H-E-L-L-O summer. Our AC is barely not keeping up. We should probably get someone out here for a clean & check. HVAC people must ♥ people like us.

I'm sure my husband would really appreciate it if I actually made what I said I was going to make for dinner this evening. But, that would require going to the store for a packet of low-sodium taco seasoning. And, turning the oven on. Sorry honey.

Well, it's been a slice. Must jump back into my mountain of paperwork. Peace.

5 sweet tweets:

Ash said...

I will bring my camera when I come...I know it's not the high tech one that you have but at least it's a camera!

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

i always get so stressed when i'm getting ready for a trip. i think taking a dip in the lazy river was a GREAT idea! good for you!

rduxler said...

Get pregnant with a third... its how I've gradually learned to become more 'go with the flow.' ;) You can bring me back some Lou Malnati's if you want to!!!

P.S. I would totally ship a box of stuff if it spared me from being a pack mule at the airport. I'm guessing the cost in shipping would be comparable to what they're charging for bags now anyway...

Alyssa said...

There is nothing more stressful than work, home, and planning a trip! And to not have your camera- torture!! I felt sick when our computer crashed, like a part of me was missing! ;)
I think it's great you took a little break to relax in the midst of all of this- that is very important! I'm all for going to the pool without kids!

The Hoffman Family-Adam, Laura, Easton & Emerson said...

Heather if you want to ship a box let me know and we can ship it cheaper thru fedex. Hope your trip goes well and you enjoy the time away!