Guess what, Little A? You're 9 months old today! I can hardly believe it... I know I say this every.single.month, but these 9 months have gone by so fast. It will be your big first birthday before we even know it. Wow!
Here are some things I would like to share about you today:
- You are now well over 17 pounds, and quickly approaching 18!
- You now wear a size 3 diaper!
- You are drinking between 30 and 36 oz. of formula per day.
- You ♥ eating solids. You eat a jar of fruit and a jar of veggies mixed with oatmeal every day. You are much less picky about which kinds you like than your big sister was.
- You are a big-time splasher, and you make bath time very interesting in the evenings. You still take a bath in your pink bathtub in our sink, and you can soak the entire kitchen if you try hard enough.
- You are still a very good sleeper. You go to bed at around 8:15 every evening. You almost always sleep through the night. You usually wake up between 7:00 and 8:00 am, and you like to play for an hour and a half to two hours before your morning nap. You also take a two-hour nap after lunch. Even though we place you on your back, we almost always find you asleep on your tummy with your little knees tucked up under you and your left middle and ring fingers popped in your mouth.
- You are an avid sitter, and you are starting to be able to reach anything you want, even if it means tipping over. You love to reach for your toys.
- You have really found a lot of joy in banging your pink and yellow cups together. We are now working on clapping!
- You have a growl-y voice that you love to talk in. You ramble mamamama and dadadadada, and you've also learned how to make a popping sound with your mouth. You love to pop away, and you love it even more when Sassy and Mommy and Daddy pop back at you!
- You are definitely working on some more teeth, little missy! I would almost consider your top left tooth cut, but not quite...
- You are starting to assert yourself more with your big sister, Sassy. You even fuss sometimes if she takes a toy away from you.
- You love, love, love the good-morning song that Mommy made up for you. Your little face lights up every time you wake and we sing "Good morning. Good morning. And they all rolled over and one fell out. So, there were four in the bed and the little one said good morning, good morning. And they all rolled over and one fell out." I know this little song makes virtually no sense whatsoever, but you laugh and laugh, so your sister and I sing and sing every day!
Little A, we love you so much! You are a beautiful little girl, and you bring a lot of joy to our house, and even more smiles! Thanks for a great 9 months, and here's to many, many more to come!