May 3, 2009

The Neverending Birthday...

It must be grand to be a toddler.

When my birthday rolls around every year, I feel pretty lucky if my husband remembers it, and maybe even a friend or two...

My, how things are different when you turn three years old.

Sassy's banging birthday celebration started over a week ago with her fabulous cupcake birthday party. Today, we are still celebrating...

Some highlights of her birthday week:

Wednesday, we took her to Build-A-Bear and let her pick out an animal to make for her birthday. I was pretty stoked when she decided that she wanted the pink monkey on clearance for $12. I was less excited when she just had to have the Hello Kitty cupcake pajamas for her monkey... for $12. Ah, well...



Thursday, I attended an ethics training for work, and the girls spent some time over by Lynzee's house after preschool. After starting the day with a terrible sinus headache, and then having the pleasure of sitting next to a woman doused in strong perfume, I came home with an awful migraine. It has just been one of those weeks.

Friday was Sassy's real birthday. We awoke to a beautiful May morning...



Sassy and her Daddy spent Thursday night making Cranberry Oatmeal mini-muffins to bring to a play date at Bubs' house Friday morning. She enjoyed a few for breakfast before we left:



Little A was all smiles for Sassy's birthday. Of course, she is all smiles most days. I am such a lucky mama!



Of course, Sassy wanted to take a couple pictures before we left. I find it hilarious that my girls think each day is worthy of a photo shoot! I guess after three years of having that camera flash go off in her face almost daily, it is her "normal". Is it me, or did Sassy's hair grow three inches in honor of her third birthday? Geez...



Sassy was being a goof and a half. It's really enjoyable to be around her when she is in these moods, but forget about being on time anywhere. She is SO about moving at snail pace lately. Does that come along with the age territory? If so, I have a lot of mental preparation to get through...



She actually posed like this all on her own, in order to show off her "pwetty dwess". She's a girl who knows her angles, I guess...



To Be Continued...

My brain has turned to oatmeal after taking a few days off from blogging. I think all of the congestion in my head is constricting my cerebral blood vessels and slowing my synaptic connections. Must.go.take.Dayquil.NOW.

2 sweet tweets:

Anonymous said...

Did you really take a picture of the downspout?

Jules said...

Look at her in that dress!!! She is so cute. I am so happy that she likes it. YAY!!!