1. I am allergic to nearly everything scented. This really bums me out because I love a good perfume, but I get instant sinus congestion/migraine/difficulty breathing about .2 seconds after I spray anything on myself at the department store. The one perfume I've ever found that I could completely tolerate, Origins Gloom Away, has been long discontinued. They recently brought a similar line back, but the new body mist bothers me, and it's not the same as a "real" bottle of perfume. Sad face.
2. The one food I absolute refuse to eat is cottage cheese. Blech. Unless it's very well-concealed inside something. Even then, I really don't want to know it's in there. My mind demons will take over.
3. I have 13 tattoos. 11 sittings. 2 additions. 1 re-shading. Done yet? I think not...
4. When I was small, I could complete a Rubik's Cube on demand. My grandparents friends used to give me money to show them. They'd mix it all up, hand it to me, and I would go to town. Too bad they didn't have infinite amounts of wealthy friends... maybe if they did, I wouldn't be sitting on a mound of college debt higher than Mount Kea.
5. I am a complete over-analyst when it comes to being organized. I overwhelm myself to the point of oblivion. I make lists for my lists. I am incapable of just straightening a room without delving into the nitty gritty. It's a huge fault of mine.
6. The bridge between culture and medicine fascinates me. I once did a research project on the prevalence of spondylopathies in women from Native American populations, giving consideration to the widespread use of the papoose as a baby wearing tool as a contributing lifestyle factor. Why would I even care about spondylopathies or golgi tendon organs or femoral tunnel placement as it relates to stability post-ACL reconstruction? Well, my major was sports medicine. I studied health, human performance, exercise science, and athletic training in college. Worked those ISU sidelines and benches hard for three years. I'm not actively engaging in this field right now, but it still interests me a lot. I miss it. Maybe some day...
7. Diet Coke is my drug. It seriously messes with my head if I have to go without. I need a Diet Coke intervention, for reals.
8. I think I could live off of cheese, fresh pineapple, chocolate and wine. Oh, wait... who couldn't?
9. I've always been the crazy camera lady. The one who forces everyone to take pictures at events or lugs my camera everywhere, even the most inopportune places. Yep, me.
10. One of my worst fears is being stung by a scorpion. I think I watched a particularly brutal episode of Rescue 911 as a child that revolved around a scorpion sting. I have never spent a whole lot of time anywhere that scorpions are common, but if I ever do, you might as well commit me to a padded room. Like, if I EVER saw a scorpion in the wild, I'm pretty sure it would be the end of me. I have nightmares of scorpion barbs striking me over and over. I am blissfully ignorant as to the prevalence of scorpions in Kansas, and I would prefer to keep it that way. Really. Please, do me a favor... and everyone else who has to deal with me, really. I.don't.want.to.know.
This post inspiration was brought to you by Dagmar's Momsense.