May 23, 2010

The Celery Song...

Sassy has been prancing around singing a new song that I presume she learned at preschool.

The funniest things occurs, though...

Half the time, she belts out, "I am celery. Tall, green, and crunchy!" to the tune of We Are Family by Sister Sledge.

The other half of the time, she sings "Look at me, I'm celery. I'm tall and green and c-r-uuuu-nchy..." to the tune of Look At Me, I'm Sandra Dee from Grease.

Now, while both are hi-larious, I am positively befuddled as to how she can sing the song to both tunes...

Surely they didn't learn two versions at school, right?

3 sweet tweets:

Shaila said...

Both of my kids come home singing ridiculous versions of things they learn at school. They use the same words but sing them to different tunes and then they expect me to remember them so I can do it with them later. I rarely have any idea what they actually learn at school.

Anonymous said...

Brandon signs most of the stuff he learns in school, so I am totally lost. Before preschool I would have told you I was fluent in sign language. Now I realize I am actually not. I love Sister Sledge though!

Shannon said...

Does she watch Olivia? There is an episode where Olivia's friend, the really shy one, has to sing on stage and he is celery. He sings it out of tune and kinda silly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aIZk_M3ZMM

Either it's cute, I'm just trying to help ya figure out were it came from!