May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

Another Mother's Day behind me. It's hard to believe that this year marked my FIFTH Mother's Day celebration. FIVE. Wow.

Tyler asked me what my ideal day would look like, and I said one word- RELAXING. We have been on the go, on the go, on the go non-stop lately. Birthdays and work and garage sales and recitals and...

I could go on awhile, but I'll spare you.

So, I pretty much stayed in bed until around noon. The girls made cinnamon rolls and served them to me... in bed... with orange juice. I caught up on some DVR. Sassy and I watched Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Sqeakquel while Little A napped. It was, well... relaxing.

After, I finally decided to force myself in the shower so we could actually go do something. We decided to visit Botanica with the girls. They were offering free admission because of Riverfest and Mother's Day. A small part of me wanted to get some fresh air and see the plants and flowers. An admittedly larger part of me was dying inside just a little knowing that we had not had any Mother's Day photo ops previously throughout the day.

Hey, I'm just being honest...

So, we trekked on over to Botanica. It was a cool and cloudy day, just like the last time we visited. Which makes me laugh a little, since the first time we ever went to Botanica with Sassy, it was approximately 108 degrees out. For real.

We only had about an hour in the gardens before they closed for the day, but we were able to fit lots of fun in.

Smelling Flowers:



Little A Showcase:



Sassy Showcase:



My best Mother's Day gifts:



Some more Little A:



And, no trip downtown would be complete without a stop at The Donut Whole. Spoil dinner... eh. You only live once.



We did finally return home and Tyler made beer-can chicken, baked potatoes, and corn on the cob for dinner. We put the girls to bed and relaxed, watched The Blind Side, and called it a day.

4 sweet tweets:

Anonymous said...

We went to the Donut hole this weekend, too! The sad thing is that we also went to Old Mill Tasty Shop (because I had never been there) just before, and enjoyed a milkshake! Nothing beats milkshakes and donuts for lunch!

Sherry said...

My mouth is watering for that pink iced donut!!! Love your photos, as always. Glad you had a fun and relaxing Mother's Day and congrats on it being your FIFTH!!

Whitney said...

Great day! Now I want some donuts. Thanks...:)

♥ Sarah @ FFP ♥ said...

Looks like you had a very cool mothers day. I love the gorgeous images you took! Even the donut looks glamorous!