August 15, 2011

I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues...

aka One of Heather's Famous Catch-Up Posts...

Since Tyler's been gone, we've kept busy.

...Time on my hands should be time spent with you.

Busy is my distraction.

The busy is what keeps me sane.

I've always felt this way- I cannot spend too much time cooped up in the house, or I will lose it. We function best as a threesome (the girls and I) when we get up, get dressed, and get going.

Busy, busy, busy.

Don't get me wrong, though. I've been sure to carve away plenty of time to spend just the three of us. In fact, I have less work planned in the three weeks following Tyler's departure than I have had in a long time. I felt that having me around, present and available, was really important for the girls during this transition time. Thank God I have the kind of job and the kind of boss that allows for that. That gets it. ♥

So, you'd like to know what we've been up to? We've been enjoying these last few dog days of summer. Man, has it been HOT here in Kansas! I never thought there'd come a day when I declared it too hot to go swimming, but this summer has brought many of those kinds of days. MANY.

We've run errands. Gone grocery shopping. Gone to the movie shower twice. (Mr. Popper's Penguins and Smurfs)... Prepared for Tink's third birthday party coming up this Saturday. Played in the fountains. Skyped with Daddy. Lots. Started a Sunday dinner tradition and Nana & Graycop's (YEAH for once a week that I don't have to worry about cooking!) Hosted a sleepover with LMB and LuLu. Hosted a play date with mommy group friends. Enrolled for school. Went to the swimming pool with friends. Got Tink's hair cut. Had movie night in Mom's bed. Attended Meet the Teacher night. Fun stuff.

I've also had some "mommy time" carved out, which has been a huge blessing, and not possible without a great support system including my parents and many friends! I've been blown away by the kind words, kind gestures, and offers to help these past few weeks! I attended book club where we discussed this book and chose this one for next time. I am SO excited to re-read it! I also went to Paint the Towne with Lynzee and my Mom! I love that place so much! We painted this, but in true Heather fashion, I had to be difficult and go against the grain. Oh, wait... at least I painted the correct painting (ahem... MOM)...

So, enjoy a hodge-podge smattering of pictures from days 1-14 of Operation: Daddy in NC so that I can get caught up and leave plenty of time go get to the really meaty stuff!














Ah, lovely.

So, there you have it. We survived our first two weeks. And, we had a pretty good time doing it.

Up next- Tink's 3rd birthday celebration & the first day of school!

1 sweet tweets:

Sherry said...

You guys have definitely been busy! How did your mom end up painting the wrong one...?? Your painting looks great!