August 9, 2011

Six Weeks & Counting...

It's time to let you lovelies in on a little secret I've been keeping.

Hee hee.

Well, many of you in real life friends already know, but whatever.

Now, don't get too excited.

We're counting downwards, not upwards people...

In six weeks from today, Sassy, Tink and I will be flying to Atlanta to meet Daddy...

...Where we will hop on another plane headed to...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...
{via}

THE PWINCESS CASTLE!!!!!!!

Er, I mean DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!

Yep, that's right. We are going to be realizing a big dream come true and taking the girls to see the princesses. Sassy has been asking for about three years now to go see the princesses, and Tink has begun to follow suit, for sure.

It's really interesting, the way things work out sometimes. We've talked for a while about going, and we've hemmed and hawed over when the right time would be, considering both the age of the girls and also our finances. It was really important to me to take the girls for the first time when they were still in awe over the magic of princesses and castles and everything. But, we really debated whether or not this was our year considering the cruise and all.

We started putting every.single.penny from all of Tyler's side work away, and I picked up extra work where and when I could. By the time Christmas was over and we made it through the holidays, we had enough saved up to supplement with part of our tax return to make the trip happen. We booked our trip in early February. This was all well before Tyler even considered taking this job out in North Carolina.

It became a concern, again, when Tyler took the job if this was all going to work out. Thankfully, he was able to put our trip in as a clause in his contract so that he could still have the time off. So now, it's a huge double blessing, because not only are we taking this amazing family vacation, but it afforded us an opportunity to spend an entire week with Tyler. It will be coming at just about the right time where the girls are really needing to see their Daddy.

What better place, huh?

Needless to say, I am ecstatic.

I never visited Disney World as a child.

In fact, I've only been to Orlando once, and only to Universal.

Never to Epcot. Never to Animal Kingdom. Never to Hollywood Studios.

And, certainly never to Magic Kingdom.

I can.not WAIT!!!

Neither can Sassy or Tink.

In fact, we are construction a special Disney/Daddy paper chain to countdown the days.

Six weeks & counting...

Squee...

3 sweet tweets:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!

Each of you will love every minute. Jordan and I leave next Friday for Disney and I've already been asking when I can take Ella with us ;)

Unknown said...

I'M SO EXCITED!!!! You will have the best time just watching them :)

Kendra said...

I went to DW when I was 18 and I had a BLAST!!!!

I am so excited for you guys! And what an AMAZING place to have a reunion with Tyler!!

...I have to tell you though, when I saw the title of this post I thought maybe you had a DIFFERENT 6 week announcement to make! ha!!