I led our monthly PAT playgroup yesterday afternoon, Grins & Squiggles. We typically focus on indoor arts & crafts, but I knew that NO ONE was going to want to spend the afternoon indoors on a day like that.
The kids had a blast! This is what we did...
- Sidewalk chalk station
- Bubbles Station
- Easter Egg Maracas- Plastic Easter Eggs filled with dried rice & beans and taped shut
- 2 wash basins filled with water and sponges to "sponge paint" the sidewalk
- 2 paint trays filled with water and short-handled sponge rollers to "roll" the side of the building
- Small cups of water with paint brushes to paint the side of the building
- Squirt bottles filled with water for spraying
- Plastic Bag Kites- tie long piece of yarn around both handles of plastic grocery bag, and RUN!
No one said it was going to be clean...
But, the kids LOVED it! I never would have imagined how captivating it was for them to "paint" with water! I highly suggest trying it out this season...