February 23, 2011

What Moving Day Looked Like...

... for those of us who did none of the moving:

As I previously announced, my parents moved out of our house Sunday... after living with us for 16 months. Crazy, huh? My number one goal was to get the girls out of the house and stay out of every one's hair. So, we woke up, I cooked a yummy breakfast of quiche and orange rolls, and the girls and I took off.

The weather was gorgeous! Incredibly windy, but temperatures rose to about 75 degrees... holla! Our first stop was Eastborough Park- I knew I wanted to get some nice pictures of Tink to commemorate 2.5 years, and this park offers great photo ops plus a really nice playground. The insane gusts of wind really prevented a quality photo shoot, but we managed. Albeit without much eye contact, for fear of our eyeballs drying out on the spot. Just sayin'...

I took a few of the girls checking out the ducks, too:



And being silly Sassys and loving sissies:



Seriously, the wind was bad, friends. Look at Sassy's hair!



Speaking of Sassy's hair, she has proclaimed that she wants to let it grow out for the summer so that she can wear it up. Fine. But, I will so, so miss her little bob. And, right now, it's in one of (surely) many in-between stages that are no fun!



Once I was through with my feeble photography attempts for the day, I let them loose towards the playground. They were pretty pumped. I envisioned spending hours there...



I followed Tink closely (she is my child that will just step off 8-foot-high platforms, just because)...



The girls whizzed down the slide a few times, and then it happened. Sassy injured herself. I didn't completely see what happened, I just stumbled upon a screaming, sobbing heap of little girl next to a metal climbing apparatus. I thought she had fallen, but later learned that she hadn't been paying attention to where she was going and ran smack into the climbing toy, which subsequently rejected her by throwing her backwards a few feet. She had a pretty small goose egg on her right eyebrow area, and she was so done playing at the park. I had to come up with a quick plan B...

The mall had just opened for the day, so we jetted over there and visited Build-A-Bear. I allowed the girl to each choose an animal to make that would live at Nana and Graycop's new home, figuring it might help with the transition a bit.



The girls found these shaggy pink & purple dogs that they fell in love with. Sassy really wanted the purple, but the only one left was the display, so the lady unstuffed it for us so she could re stuff it. HA!



Sassy stuffed with care while Tink waited patiently for her turn...



Then Tink stuffed hers until it was just fluffy and squishy enough...



Sassy named her purple puppy Diamond and Tink (with help from Mom) named her pink puppy Peony. Fun times!

After Build-A-Bear, we left the mall and headed to the movie shower to see Gnomeo & Juliet. It was OK. There were a few laughs for Mom, and I enjoyed the Elton John music, but I was a little disappointed. Let's put it this way- it was no Pixar or Disney movie.

After the movie, we shared a very late lunch at Noodles & Co. I love taking the girls there because the three of us can share 1 bowl and have plenty in our tummies- it's a cheap date!



Finally, it was time to venture back down south of Wichita and begin settling back in as a family of four...

2 sweet tweets:

Anonymous said...

Yea for getting out of the house - and getting it back to the four of you for awhile!

I've never taken Ella to a real movie - I can't wait for the day when she'll sit still for longer than five minutes and we can share some movie popcorn!

Sherry said...

What a fun-filled day!! Sorry about Sassy's "run-in" with the playground equipment (pun intended, ha!). We just took Ethan to the same movie, it was his first movie ever! Nick and I agreed too, that it wasn't a super great flick. Congrats on getting your household back to more of a normal living situation (you guys are terribly sweet to let the grandparents live with you!) :)