January 16, 2009

Sassy Says, Part II

She's had a couple of good ones over the past few days... let's see if I can remember them all!

Sassy woke up from her rest yesterday in her yellow Tinkerbell nightgown. She almost always requests jammies for her rest (which is kind of a pain in the butt because it's another 2 wardrobe changes for the day, but, whatever...). When she woke up yesterday, she exclaimed, "Look, Mama, my jammies match my movie"! She was astonished!

She went into a complete explanation on the reasons she wanted to wear socks to bed. In one, long, run-on sentence she told me, "I need to wear my socks because my feet feel cold and my socks will make my feet warm and I haf to wear them so that my feet stay warm in my big girl bed under my Tinkerbell blanket and my pink blanket but my Spongebob blanket is in the car". Got it?

Tyler was laying on his back on the bedroom floor and he started to lift Sassy up and throw her around in a playful way. Sassy said, "Daddy, no. I could get hurt. That's not a vewy good idea". HA!

We were at our Marriage For Keeps meeting yesterday, and Angie had a bowl of hershey's kisses on her desk. I hadn't even noticed them, really. Sassy spent the whole visit coloring and minding her own business. When we were getting our coats on to leave, Sassy kept asking for a snack. Tyler and I told her multiple times that we would get one in the car and that we would work on it, etc. I could not figure out why she kept asking. Then, right as we were leaving, she looks over to the bowl and very innocently asks, "What are those, mommy"? We all started cracking up... I mean, come on... It was so funny. In the end, as you can probably guess, she got her hershey's kiss!

Sassy proclaimed, "I have lips, mama". I replied, "Yep. We all have lips". Then she says, "Lips are for kissin. Charlie (the dog) don't haf lips. Charlie has a tongue".

More to come in future installments! ♥

1 sweet tweets:

Mae said...

That Sassy cracks me up! I'm glad she put Tyler in his place. ;) Safety first, Sassy!