December 30, 2010

Ant-i Name Choice...

The other day, Sassy and I were reading Chrysanthemum as her bedtime story. For any of you unfamiliar with the story {what?!?!}, it's about a little mouse named Chrysanthemum who loves her name until she starts school and the other kids tease her about it. The book follows her journey through learning to love her name again and not care what the other mice think...

Anyway, Sassy and I were having a discussion about how to treat kids nicely, and naming things we liked about each of her classmates, and their names. Then I asked her if she liked her name.

Not really, she told me, as she wrinkled her nose.

I was shocked. I asked her why, and told her that I thought her name was gorgeous!

This is what she told me:

Well, my name starts with A and ant starts with A and I don;t like ants very well because they are bugs and scary and a little icky, so I really don;t like my name very much.

HA! I see, I see. Makes perfect sense, Sassy pants.

0 sweet tweets: