December 1, 2010

Full of Thanks...

I spent Thanksgiving Day with my wonderful family in our home that we are so blessed to have. Looking back at some of the pictures from the day has really helped me reflect on all of the things we have to be thankful for.

I am beyond thankful for my two gorgeous, smart, funny daughters that are growing by leaps and bounds every day. I am thankful for this sweet, spunky little darling.



I am thankful for her spirit and drive. I am thankful for her personality and for the challenges we face in parenting her, and I remain thankful that she is healthy and developing as she should.



I am thankful to have a husband who is my rock. He is selfless and giving and involved. He would do anything for me and anything for his girls. He is our provider, and we are so thankful for that.

I am thankful beyond measure for being given the opportunity to share in the lives of my girls. The wonder and the laughter and the exploration- it keeps me feeling young and renewed.



I am thankful for my incredibly smart, kind, sweet, and funny Sassy. I am thankful that she is excelling at school and learning new things every day. I am thankful that she is learning empathy and how to think of others rather than only herself. It's amazing to see this quality emerge in her.



I am thankful for able arms and my beautiful camera to capture these silly self portrait... I rarely include them in my posts, but I am thankful to be remembered, to be physically present in the creation of these family memories for years to come. Oh, and I'm thankful for photo editing software, too. At least my skin is!



I am thankful that Sassy and Tink have four loving-involved grandparents, two living great-grandparents, and a plethora of aunts, uncles, cousins and close family friends who we consider family. Or girls are so loved, and there is really nothing more important to me than that! I am thankful for all of the wonderful people in our lives!

I am thankful that Tyler's family chose to make the long drive from Minnesota this year in order to spend time with us. I am beyond thankful to have had the opportunity to share the holiday with both sides of our family- a rarity in our household! I am even thankful for Moon Dough. Although it caused us to have a very early change of Thanksgiving attire, the girls had so much fun, and I am thankful for thoughtful relatives.



I am thankful for the abundance of food we were able to put on our table, this day and every day.



I am thankful for an able-bodies little girl who loves her physical activity. I am thankful that she has hands-on grandparents who delight in her accomplishments as much as her Dad and I do.



I am thankful for the beautiful Kansas weather, landscape, and scenery. I don't say it often, but I am thankful to call this home. It's really grown on me.



With so much to be thankful for, it's pretty hard not to have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Thanks to all of you for sharing in it with us!

1 sweet tweets:

Sherry said...

What a beautiful post, Heather! Lots and lots to be thankful for. Your girls and family are gorgeous. Love, love, love the self-portrait too! :)