December 7, 2010

When These Doors Were Open-Ended...

Saturday.

While Tyler and Sassy were busy baking these, I had my own agenda...

My fabulous friend Renee and I had plans. We were set to make a slew of these to combine with these for holiday gifts for the ever long list of people to give to (preschool teachers, dance teachers, pediatricians, MDO employees, you name it...) A little something homemade, a little something eco-friendly... score!

Well, almost.

I began my morning with a peaceful drive to Wichita. Ran to Kohl's to do a little Christmas shopping for Ty. Stopped at Joann Fabrics to choose our materials... o.ver.whelming (but fun). Ran into Radio Shack in search of the coveted Teacup Piggy. Fail. Stopped off at Starbucks for a Refresh tea and a sophisticated breakfast treat polar bear cookie. Arrived at Renee's...

Spent some time outside having a little camera fun. Started working our patterns. Took in all of Baby A's cuteness. Traced, cut, traced, cut. Until... the sewing began to prove more complicated that initially thought.

Awesome... not.

So, we decided to break. I took the rest of the fabric home to cut while Renee made it her mission to perfect the sewing-on-a-curved-line. Good luck with that...

I called Ty to see what he was up to, and he and the girls were eating lunch, so I decided to stop off and grab lunch for myself in utter peace and quiet. Can you hear the angels singing? Heaven:



I ♥ you, Gang Keow Wan.

After lunch, I took a dreaded trip to Walmart to buy Tyler several extremely uninteresting Christmas gifts a few more things from his wish list, and then it was back home to sample cookies...

Saturday... to be continued...

3 sweet tweets:

Anonymous said...

So are you sticking with it, and completing these gifts? If not, I saw something kind of similar in a Parents magazine that are SUPER cute! I would love to make them at the Moms group xmas party. Basically you make a coffee or can cozy out of an old, cute sock, and embelish it with buttons, fabric pieces, or whatever else. TOO CUTE!

rduxler said...

HA! So I just saw this now. Oh, the shame!

I'd like to tell you that I've made awesome progress on the project, but after spending a few more hours on Saturday night which may or may not have ended in cursing and tears, I have not been downstairs since.

I'm not giving up yet, though. Those cozies WILL NOT get the best of me. Hoping to have some time this weekend and am inviting my mom into town by bribing her with time with her grandchildren, and will really be using her for slave labor. (evill laughter...). ;)

Mrs. D said...

Those Polar Bear Cookies are adorable and look absolutely scrumptious! They are also very sophisticated ;)