December 3, 2010

Decking Our Halls...

We spent a wonderful family day together this past Sunday...

First, we took the girls to see Tangled. I'm not sure you enjoyed it more- Sassy, Tink, or me! It was such a wonderful story, I really liked Rapunzel's character, and it had a great message. I'm thinking about going back to see it in 3D before it leaves the theaters- I heard it's pretty awesome!

After dinner Sunday evening, we decided to decorate our tree. Sassy and I had been preparing little bits and pieces earlier in the day...

We began unpacking all of our holiday baubles. It put an instant smile on my face when I found the Christmas dog box among the grocery bags and other things. ♥ her!



Every year, I try to find an ornament for each of us that represents us well. It's always fun to key in on the girls interests at the time in their ornaments. This is the one I found for myself. Perfect for me? I think so...



Sassy chose this one because it reminded her of Cape Cod. Well, Sassy girl, it reminded me of Cape Cod, too. ♥



When it came time to decorate after dinner, we popped on some Christmas music and got to it. Sassy jumped right in:



Tink was way more content driving us all bananas carrying around this squeaky Santa and squeezing him incessantly... Oh, and Sassy was pretty thrilled to find her dinosaur ornament from the year she was really into dinosaurs (read: age 2). She is definitely on a recent T-Rex kick...



With all of our hard work, we were parched. So, Daddy whipped out the eggnog {gag}. I mean, it's just not for me. The girls, however... they love it!



With our tree soon growing bottom-heavy {funny how that works...}, Daddy helped Sassy place some ornaments up high:



Tink was pretty bewildered by the whole process. I took a moment to step into my obligatory I hang Christmas ornaments, too pose... disheveled pigtails and all:



The girls were actually {gasp} loving to one another. Now,t hat's the Christmas spirit!



And, before we knew it, our tree was complete. I *think* it's the prettiest tree I've ever seen.



We closed with our traditional bedtime snack of Scottish Shortbread and Plum Dumplings. Yum.



And all were smiling and happy.



With that, it was Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night...

1 sweet tweets:

Kelli said...

Love the Christmas dog. Where can I get one? =)