March 6, 2009

Another Friday...

I have been in a bit of a funk this week. You would think I would return from my kid-less weekend in KC refreshed. You'd think...

Anyway, thought I'd play along with Happy Friday and see if I can give myself a boost this morning!



1. Asparagus was on sale for $1.77/lb at Dillon's. I ♥ fresh asparagus. I very rarely buy it because it is too darn expensive. We enjoyed fresh grilled asparagus with our pork last night. I am planning to guy buy more and make these yummy roll-ups my friend Monica taught me about. They are made from raw asparagus tops, fat free cream cheese, and low-fat ham. Yum!

2. Little A has been steadily gaining weight ever since we made the giant switch to formula. This makes me very happy. It makes me feel at peace with my decision. It makes me realize what's really important- that Little A is happy and healthy and on the road to chubby!

3. I bought another purse in KC last weekend. I know, I know. But, it's the same color as the original Kathy Van Zeeland one I fell in love with, save the giant, tacky fleur-de-lis on the front. I hope none of my readers own the Kathy Van Zeeland purse with the giant, tacky fleur-de-lis on the front!

4. The temperature here in lovely Kansas reached 83 degrees yesterday. It is supposed to be 75 degrees today. HELLO March. Welcome to the main reason I love living here. It would probably be snowing in Chicago if I were still living there! I will just forget that it was 14 degrees here last weekend. No wonder everyone is sick. Oh, wait, focus on the happy...

8 sweet tweets:

Mandy said...

Happy Friday Heather! I've been in a funk this week too. I wonder what it is?

Mae said...

Happy Friday, Heather! Are you going to the Girls Night Out tomorrow? If so, that's another thing to be happy about. So glad to hear that Little A is doing great. Hope Sassy's feeling better soon, too!

Anonymous said...

I bought asparagus too! I gotta tell you, I bought the regular whipped cream cheese though. It is SO GOOD. And I bought the Oscare Meyer 98% fat free ham that was on sale.

I am super happy about Little A also, but I am sorry you have to bear the expense of formula. Just know that I feel your pain.

I am crazy happy about the weather also. We have been to the park twice this week.

(I suppose I could blog my "Happy Friday" responses on my own blog, but this is so much easier...)

Ashley Wasser said...

Hello there! YES this weather is fabulous! I'm waiting for my daughter to wake up so we can go to the park! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

have fun in KC again this weekend. thanks for doing starting my blog for me i love it so far. talk to you soon

Noob Mommy said...

We had to switch Noob Baby to formula at 2 months because she had a protein allergy. It was a big decision, but the results were immediate! I totally understand how you feel, and I'm glad it's working out for your LO :) TGIF!

Anonymous said...

Hehe I like the Happy Soup, it's cute!

Whitney said...

Happy Friday - a little late! Something else that is a little late is your bday card! I got it in the mail today but I don't know if it will get there in time!
Happy Bday Monday anyway!