March 27, 2009

Iced In...

One thing never ceases to amaze me, and that is how badly we always want to get out of this house when we are, for all intents and purposes, stuck inside. Today has felt like the longest.day.EVER. Considering the fact that Tyler didn't even head to work until 10:30 this morning so that I could go fill out new employee paperwork...

The freezing rain started just as Tyler set out for work. He called to warn me not to leave the house. He knows I am a total weenie in bad weather. Once he arrived at work, he called again and told me REALLY not to leave the house. Well, fine then. I won't get anything done today that I need to get done.

This is what it looked like outside earlier. Hello, Kansas, you do realize it is nearly April, right? You do remember that we had 70+ degree days in January, and that I packed away all my kids winter clothes weeks ago, right? Just checking...





So, what do we do when we are bored around this house, you ask. We take pictures. Here are some of Sassy checking out the ice/snow and playing peek-a-boo in the blinds:





Then, there's Little A. We had an entire pee-out-of-the-diaper fiasco. That's why she isn't wearing clothing at the moment. She was really into her little stacking cups this afternoon. I know she looks a little creepy overly alert in the one, but aren't her blue eyes fab?



5 sweet tweets:

Miranda said...

Those blue eyes are indeed fab. I watched all of the weather alerts on the news last night and there was a lot about fargo but then there was a lot about kansas....cant believe it. I was complaining about our weather, well now that i saw what kansas is going through I dont feel so bad. That sucks. Hopefully it doesnt interfere with next weeks plans for the job.

Whitney said...

I cannot believe y'all have ice! Hello Spring?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are hysterical.

Kendra said...

LOVE those blue eyes!! They are AMAZING!!!! Look out world...

Mrs. D said...

I think Little A looks adorable in those pictures! She just wanted to make sure you could see her beautiful blues.