March 26, 2009

Well, now look at that...

It's official. I just landed myself a little job. Sweet!

Just before Christmas, Lynzee told me that her Parents As Teachers lady told her about an upcoming opening for a parent educator. The job was finally officially posted in January, at which point I sent a resume and cover letter. Then, due to the economy and the state education budget, there was a hiring freeze in effect and they took the listing down. So, I missed out on the training close by, and she said that we could possibly revisit in June.

So, I wasn't expecting to hear anything until then. To my surprise, I got a phone call Monday night from them. She said that they approved a hire to be phased in, and it's been an absolutely crazy few days since. I had an interview last night, their last of the interviews for the position. She wrote her letter of recommendation for my hire last night, but it was ultimately left up to the superintendent. Then, they had a really hard time contacting my references on short notice. I gave them some additional character references over the phone this morning, and they did end up speaking with 2 of my 3 professional references later today. Anyway, I just got the call officially offering me the position. Who hoo!

Here's the craziest part... the training is this coming Sunday-Friday... 3 hours from where we live!!! Yeah. So, basically I will be going with thanks that I have such great, dependable friends willing to watch the girls! Saying that Tyler will have his hands full is an understatement. I am really excited, though.

The position is perfect for me. It's extremely flexible and just 10 hours a week. The pay is good and I can schedule home visits as they suit our family schedule. In addition, I will be responsible for holding a playgroup a month at the primary school, and I will focus a lot of my attention on crafts.

It will be an interesting transition for our family, but I am really hopeful that it will be a great fit. Wish me luck!

3 sweet tweets:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm jealous, this job sounds perfect! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS HEDO! Im so happy for you...see i told u u would get it...

Mae said...

Congrats, Heather! That's exciting news!