March 5, 2009

Weekend Update... Finally!

I had a great time in Kansas City with Lynzee this past weekend. We did all sorts of "grown-up" things. Friday night, we went to a used bookstore in Lawrence called The Dusty Bookshelf and actually got to peruse their selection is peace and quiet. Saturday morning, we went to Z's to get our hair done. I went pretty short in the back, and really, really dark. I still have the blond highlights up top.
After lunch, we drove to KCMO to Exile Tattoo. They had a little mix up and only one of us got to have our tattoos done. That one of us was ME! Dave drew up the swallows, and they looked significantly different than what I had brought in. They are less classic and much more "new school". I was beyond apprehensive, but I decided to trust his artistic interpretation. I am SO glad I did because I ♥ them so much. The colors came out fantastic. Here are a couple more pictures... please ignore the way my face looks... I was exhausted:

After the 4-hour tattoo process, we checked in to our hotel. We stayed at Candlewood Suites, and we had a really nice room for the price. I would definitely stay at one again- the room was very clean and it had a full kitchen. It would be perfect for a family vacation so that you wouldn't have to eat out every meal.

Saturday night, we met my friend Alex from ISU at Dave & Busters for a drink. Then, we went to the comedy club and saw Pat Dixon and a couple other people. It was a lot of fun. I really, really have enjoyed each occasion I have been to a comedy club!

Sunday, we slept in a little, and then went to Legends to shop. We hit a few stores, and then met my friend Cory from ISU for lunch at Stix. It was good, but Sumo is better! We did some more shopping and then made the long journey home.

So, after much deliberation, Lynzee and I will be heading back to Dave at Exile for her tattoo. We will stay one night and return Saturday. Two weekends in a row- I barely know what to do with myself!

3 sweet tweets:

Mandy said...

I love them Heather! I wish I was brave enough to get a tatoo.

Kendra said...

HOW FUN!!

Tabitha said...

Sounds like a blast!! I got a cactus tattoo on St. Patty's Day 1998, the day before I moved from Florida to Arizona, to commemorate a fresh start!! I'm so glad I did! I'm not the tattoo type "per say," which makes it even more fun! :)
I happen to adore swallows...I may have to include some with your Spring Swap goodies! :)
-Tabitha